Pokemon is a popular franchise that has been enjoyed by fans since the 1990s. The games are available on multiple platforms, including handheld consoles like the Game Boy, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo 3DS. However, not everyone has access to these consoles, and some fans prefer to play the games on emulators instead. Handheld emulators are devices that allow you to play games from older consoles on a portable device.
When it comes to playing Pokemon on an emulator, there are a few critical things that people should pay attention to when making a purchase. One of the most important things to consider is the compatibility of the emulator with the specific Pokemon game you want to play. Some emulators may have issues running certain games or may not be able to run them at all. Another critical factor is the quality of the emulator itself, including the build quality, screen resolution, and battery life.
In this article, we will be discussing the best handheld emulators for playing Pokemon. We spent countless hours researching and testing various emulators to identify the ones that offer the best performance, compatibility, and overall user experience. Whether you’re a die-hard Pokemon fan or just looking to relive some nostalgia, these emulators are sure to provide an enjoyable gaming experience.
Best Handheld Emulators for Pokemon
If you’re a fan of Pokemon, you know that the games have been around for over two decades. Whether you’re looking to play the classics or the latest releases, handheld emulators can be a great way to experience the games on the go. In this roundup, we’ve compiled a list of the best handheld emulators for Pokemon, based on factors like compatibility, features, and price. Check out our top picks below.
BAORUITENG Handheld Games Consoles
If you’re looking for an affordable handheld emulator for Pokemon, the BAORUITENG Handheld Games Consoles is a solid choice.
- 2-inch high-definition display screen with 240×160 resolution
- 1020mAh battery provides up to 6 hours of gameplay
- Supports up to 8GB TF card for additional games
- Screen may have bubbles or scratches upon arrival
- Sound quality is not the best
- Buttons may feel a bit stiff
The BAORUITENG Handheld Games Consoles features a barrier-free connection between the LCD screen and game running system, resulting in a high-definition picture of the game with no carton. The 32-bit operating system also allows for HD video/music playing, picture browsing, and e-book reading. However, the sound quality is not the best and the buttons may feel a bit stiff. Additionally, some users have reported bubbles or scratches on the screen upon arrival, but these can be easily removed by tearing off the screen protection film.
Overall, if you’re looking for an affordable handheld emulator with a decent selection of classic games, the BAORUITENG Handheld Games Consoles is a great option.
BAORUITENG Handheld Game Console
If you’re looking for a handheld emulator for Pokemon, the BAORUITENG Handheld Game Console is a great option for its large selection of classic games and long battery life.
- The tempered glass IPS screen is high-definition, scratch-resistant, and easy on the eyes.
- Comes with 5000 classic games and can support up to 20 different game formats.
- The OMRON FRETTING button increases button life by three times.
- Does not support AV output.
- Some PS1 games may not work well and there may be lag with some SNES games.
- The UI is not user-friendly.
The BAORUITENG Handheld Game Console is a great option for those who want a portable device to play classic games on. The tempered glass IPS screen provides a clear display that is easy on the eyes, while the OMRON FRETTING button increases button life by three times. With 5000 classic games and support for up to 20 different game formats, there’s plenty of options to choose from. However, the device does not support AV output and some PS1 and SNES games may not work well. Additionally, the UI is not the most user-friendly. Overall, if you’re looking for a handheld emulator for Pokemon and other classic games, the BAORUITENG Handheld Game Console is a solid choice.
CredevZone Handheld Game Console
If you’re looking for a handheld emulator to play classic games on the go, the CredevZone Handheld Game Console is a solid choice.
- With 700+ pre-installed classic games, you’ll never run out of options for gaming on the go.
- The compact size of the console makes it easy to carry with you wherever you go.
- The console has multifunction capabilities, allowing you to use it for gaming, watching movies, listening to music, and even reading books.
- The screen quality is not the best, but it gets the job done for the price point.
- The battery life could be better, so you may need to bring a charger with you on longer trips.
- The console may not have all of your favorite classic games, but with 700+ options, you’re sure to find something you enjoy.
The CredevZone Handheld Game Console is a great option for anyone looking for a compact, multifunctional emulator to take on the go. While the screen quality and battery life could be better, the large selection of pre-installed games and overall convenience make it a worthwhile purchase.
RG353VS Retro Handheld Game Linux System RG3566
If you’re a fan of retro games, the RG353VS is a great choice with its Linux system and pre-installed games. However, battery life could be better.
- Supports multiple games format
- Compatible with 32 bit applications
- Supports Moonlight and HDMI
- Battery life is not great
- No Mario games included
- Some games are in another language
The RG353VS is a versatile handheld emulator that supports a wide variety of games formats, including PSP, DC, SS, PS1, NDS, N64, CPS1, CPS2, FBA, NEOGEO, GBA, GBC, GB, SFC, FC, MD, SMS, GG, MSX, PCE, WSC, WIN, and NGG. It also has a Linux 64-bit system that supports wired handle function and is compatible with 32-bit applications. With Moonlight streaming and HDMI, you can play your PC games on almost any device, and its 2.4G/5G Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 compatibility make it easy to connect to other devices.
The RG353VS has a 3200mAh Li-polymer battery that provides up to 5-6 hours of gaming time. Its 3.5-inch IPS full viewing angle, zero distance OCA full-fit screen has a resolution of 640×480, making it easy to see and play your favorite games. Its dimensions of 17.4cm x 8.4cm x 2.1cm make it a good size for carrying around and it is a great gift for anyone who loves retro games.
However, the battery life could be better, and it does not come with any Mario games. Some of the games are also in another language, which may be frustrating for some users. Overall, the RG353VS is a great choice for anyone who loves retro games and wants a handheld emulator with a variety of features.
Q90 Handheld Game Console
If you’re looking for a portable handheld emulator that can run classic games, the Q90 Handheld Game Console is a great option to consider thanks to its long battery life and compact design.
- With over 1500 classic games, you’ll have plenty to choose from for hours of entertainment.
- The rechargeable battery can last up to 4-5 hours on a single charge, so you can play for longer without worrying about running out of power.
- The optimized system provides a smooth and stable gaming experience.
- The device is quite small and lightweight, which may not be comfortable for extended play sessions.
- The buttons and sticks are not the best quality, which can make gameplay feel a bit clunky.
- The games are listed by title only, without any images, which can make it difficult to find the game you want to play.
The Q90 Handheld Game Console is a great option for those who want a portable emulator that can run classic games. Its long battery life and compact design make it perfect for gaming on the go, while the large library of games ensures you’ll never run out of things to play. However, the small size and low-quality buttons may not be ideal for extended play sessions, and the lack of images in the game library can make it difficult to find the game you want to play.
When choosing a handheld emulator for playing Pokemon games, there are several factors to consider. Here are some important features to look for:
Make sure the emulator is compatible with the Pokemon game you want to play. Some emulators are only compatible with certain systems or generations of Pokemon games.
Screen Size and Quality
Consider the size and quality of the emulator’s screen. A larger, high-resolution screen will provide a better gaming experience. Some emulators also have adjustable brightness settings, which can be helpful for playing in different lighting conditions.
Look for an emulator with a long battery life, especially if you plan on playing for extended periods of time. Some emulators also have replaceable batteries, which can be convenient for longer trips or when you don’t have access to a power source.
The emulator’s controls should be comfortable and responsive. Look for emulators with well-designed buttons and joysticks that feel natural to use. Some emulators also offer customizable button mappings, which can be helpful for players who prefer different control schemes.
Finally, consider the price of the emulator. While some high-end models may offer additional features or better performance, there are also many budget-friendly options available that still provide a great gaming experience.
|Compatibility||Make sure the emulator is compatible with the Pokemon game you want to play.|
|Screen Size and Quality||Consider the size and quality of the emulator’s screen. A larger, high-resolution screen will provide a better gaming experience.|
|Battery Life||Look for an emulator with a long battery life, especially if you plan on playing for extended periods of time.|
|Controls||The emulator’s controls should be comfortable and responsive. Look for emulators with well-designed buttons and joysticks that feel natural to use.|
|Price||Consider the price of the emulator. While some high-end models may offer additional features or better performance, there are also many budget-friendly options available that still provide a great gaming experience.|